Some weddings are extravagant affairs while others are more intimate; some are church weddings while others are civil ceremonies; some are in the UK while other weddings take place abroad. Whatever you plan will affect your costs, so make sure you’ve got cover for all the key things, at the right level, without paying for anything you don’t need.
Fortunately, you’re on the right website. WeddingPlan has 20 years’ experience offering a range of wedding insurance packages for every virtually every type of wedding, of every size – including straight and gay weddings, and weddings at home and abroad.
Wedding insurance: comparing prices
We’re very up-front about our pricing and what you get for it. So we compared prices from the leading wedding insurance providers, based on £17,000 upwards-worth of cancellation cover*:
Things to watch out for:
- Cheap wedding insurance isn’t the same thing as great value wedding insurance: the cheapest might not be the best option, so read the policy documents before buying.
- Make sure the cover limits on the wedding insurance policy will be enough to cover the costs of your wedding. (And remember that your plans and costs might change, so make sure your policy can be upgraded – and then don’t forget to upgrade!)
- Since people usually start planning a wedding months (or even years) in advance, check how far in advance of your wedding the insurance starts, and how long it will be in place after your wedding.
- Check if the policy can include public liability cover, which covers you if people make a claim against you (for example, if a guest gets injured at your wedding reception).
- You may need to ask to have special cover added to your policy, like insurance for marquees or ceremonial swords.
Choose your own wedding insurance package
Choose the package you need from our 9 levels of wedding insurance cover. Everyone’s covered for the same potential losses, just at different levels of cover depending on their own wedding costs.
About this price comparison
*The above price comparison is based solely on the criterion of cancellation cover for a wedding up to the value of £17,000, or the closest cancellation cover amount. Full cover levels and policy benefits do vary, and the above price information is not intended to be a like-for-like product comparison. Prices were obtained on 06.06.2016 from the suppliers’ websites.