Making a claim on your wedding insurance
To help us to help you, please:
- Call us on 0344 412 4296 as soon as you know something’s gone wrong (lines are open 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday)
- Have your wedding insurance policy details to hand
- Tell us what’s happened over the phone
- Complete any claim forms we send you (by email or post) without delay
- Attach any helpful evidence which you’ve been able to gather.
Plan ahead in case you need to make a claim
Organising a wedding takes a huge amount of effort – there are so many things to keep track of. That’s why it’s important to keep careful records of absolutely everything. That way, if you ever need to make a claim, you’ll be able to provide proof of what you’ve spent with whom, or who you’ve made arrangements with.
Gather evidence of your claim
Your wedding insurance claim can be processed much more quickly if you let us have as much proof of your claim as possible. This could include:
- Your original agreements with your suppliers when first booked
- Written confirmation from your suppliers that they’ve let you down (we may be able to accept a screen-grab from their Facebook page or website, a letter or an email)
- Photos of any damage, such as red wine spilt on a wedding dress or damage to the wedding or reception venue
- Photos and news reports of any extreme weather (eg a Caribbean hurricane which forces you to postpone your wedding)
- Doctor’s or hospital reports in the event of illness
- Any relevant police reports, such as if wedding presents were stolen from the boot of your car.
What we’ll do with your claim
We try to keep things quick and simple, which is why we’ll talk your claim through with you first. We understand that problems with a wedding are stressful, so we’ll do our best to deal with your claim quickly and efficiently. We can often resolve a wedding insurance claim within a week, providing we have all the information we need.
You can see full details of our claims procedure in our WeddingPlan policy document.